- 1 Linux "backup" server (Ubuntu 9.10 server) (plenty of disk, new server)
- 2 Gentoo servers
- 2 CentOS servers
- 3 Windows 2003 servers
I'd like to backup all of the servers as disk-to-disk backups to the Ubuntu backup server.
Please be gentle as I know Windows but not Linux. I've looked at Bacula, BackupPC, and Amanda. All seem to be a little too complex for me. I'm tasked with doing this cheap, so I can't simply load Windows on the backup server and put something like BackupExec on it.
- simple to setup on each client
- simple to setup on the server
- disk to disk backup
- easy to monitor/check backup status
- easy to restore files
- email me results of backups
- scheduled weekly full backups and nightly differentials
- free/open source
Your help is much appreciated and I would think this kind of question would help others in the future if you are thorough in your answer.