I have a 2 machine IIS 6 cluster (Windows 2003 Standard Edition) running a number of sites, only one of them has an SSL certificate. I have a number of IPs available to me on each machine, but the cluster is on a single IP.
I now want to have another site with its own SSL certificate running on the cluster.
What’s the best solution? I’ve thought of the following but I don’t know which one is best:
1) New cluster, under a different IP, this way I can identify the site by IP and don’t need to worry about SSL host headers. But, can a server be part of multiple clusters? Can Machine1 and Machine2 form both Cluster1 and Cluster2?
2) Configure SSL headers, I know it is possible, and did it long long ago.
3) Different port numbers. This isn’t really doable, as I need the sites to be on 443.
One by one:
1) If it is possible this seems like the best solution as I can keep my old cert and just get a new one for the site running under a diff IP.
2) This would mean that I have to get a new UC SSL certificate and give up my current certificate, correct?
I could do with some pointers guys, thanks in advance.