I have a Windows 2008 server running multiple Hyper-V guests. I want to create a Hyper-V "Internal" network. So far, I cannot get anything to communicate.
- I created the Internal network adapter in the Hyper-V manager
- I assigned each VM's network adapter to the internal network adapter
- I assigned an IP address to the host (10.1.0.1) with no default gateway (since it also has an external network card with a gateway)
- I assigned each guest VM an IP (10.1.0.x) with 10.1.0.1 (host) as the gateway
- I installed the Routing and Remote Access roll on the host
The problem is that neither the host or the guests and ping any other IP on the network. I have no communication at all between any of the guests. The guests in question are Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise, standard install (not Core).
What am I missing to get the host/vms to communicate via the internal network adapter?