Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

We have a huge antenna at the top of our main office roof. We also have another antenna in our apartment to "receive" the signals. Can the D-Link DIR-635 do this? After a few hours of going thru the Web Interface, we could not find a setting to do this.

Is there a way to set this router as a "receiver"? What is this option generally called? So that we will know what to look for.

THanks, Wenbert

share|improve this question
option can be called "client mode". It will use the wireless connection as its wan link. – petrus Jun 19 '11 at 14:49
up vote 0 down vote accepted

What you want is called a "bridge" connection between the two access points. According to this spec sheet: it sounds like that model is not able to be set to this mode. This is not an official list though.

Note: A bridge connection would require the access points to be dedicated to the bridged connection and not be used as general access points for other users to connect to.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.