Is anyone of you using [Starwind 5.x, installed as VM in vSphere v4x.x.? In production environment?
If you do,whats your esperience and how does your configuration looks like?
Thanx for your answer.
Maybe I am asking too much but could you help me out on the following questions.? Point me to docs?
Two physical servers Raid 1 > Datastore 1: 2 disks for installing vSphere and VM Starwind Raid x > 12 disks for use by Starwind VM - 1.) eagerzeroedthick VMDKs option - 2.) RDM option (limit 2Tb > how can I overcome this?) UserLAN: Gigabit switch or switches for redundancy StorageLAN: Gigabit switch or switches for redundancy
- How do I connect these data disks/raid, vmdk or RDM, solely to Starwind?
- Keep the Starwind VMs tied to one pServer, exclude form HA etc.
- Starwind in seperate subnet(s) from MS Domain subnet?
- Seperate subnet for synchronization Starwind, VMware HA
- 2 pNICs for user LAN each VM, 2 pNICs for VMs to Starwind incl MPIO, 1 pNIC for Starwind sync link, 1 pNIC for VMware HA?
- 1 vSwitch for user LAN, 1 vSwitch for Starwind, 1vSwitch for VMware HA?
- Reserve memory for Starwind VMs, equal to best practise for MSSQL?
Thanx Jaap I 've installed Starwind V5,2 as a VM 10.16.0.8 > Management Network 192.168.2.1 > Storage Network Starwind is listening to all ports. Created .img file Enabled iSCSI initiator, added 10.16.0.8 and-192.168.2.1. Rescan of the iscsi hba gives zero results. :(
vmkping 10.16.0.8 gives no results vmkping 10.16.0.250 works ok vmkping 192.168.2.1 gives no results vmkping 192.168.2.250 works ok.
I've attached foto