We have a big problem that's just started happening. One of our network apps (may it rot in hell) requires a mapped network drive to function. Therefore, we map a drive to the network share in question for the users. This usually shows up of course in Explorer as:
Sharename on 'Servername' (Q:)
Problem is, it now shows up as
Disconnected Network Drive (Q:)
And I can't remove it in any way
- Right-click and select disconnect: "The network connection could not be found"
- CMD: net use q: /delete - "The network connection could not be found."
- CMD: net use \servername\sharename /delete - "The network connection could not be found."
- CMD: net use Q: \servername\sharename - "The device is already in use"
- Delete the user profile - no change
- Log in as new, never-logged-in-before user - same problem
- REG: delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2##servername#sharename - no change
Other items of note:
- Client machine is Windows Server 2003 R2 x86
- Server is Windows Server 2003 x86