Yesterday we had a power failure and the UPS did not work (it has worked perfect before). Everything seem to be ok when I started all the servers again except of the mail, when I try to mount the store I get the following message: “The database files in this store are corrupted”
Server: Exchange 2003 running on a Small Business Server Latest full backup: one week old Backup program: Backup Exec 9.0
This is what I have done:
1. Copy every file in the MDBDATA folder (edb, stm, log)
2. Run Eseutil /d for priv1.edb
3. Run Eseutil /p for priv1.edb (took seven hours)
4. Run Isintig –fix –test alltests, now it breaks down. Isintig fails with the following error: Isinteg cannot initiate verification process. Please review the log file for more information. The problem is that there is no log file created.
5. Giving up on this route I decide to do a restore from the backup, it fails with the following error: Unable to read the header of logfile E00.log. Error -501, and the error: Information Store (5976) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreComplete ended with error 0xC80001F5 The log file is damaged.
My conclusion is that E00.log is damage, so how can I repair it so that I can restore the database? Or should I give up and try some other route?