I 've got a small lab set up with trial ESXi 4.x with latest updates and patches. On the moment I 'm testing HA with some strange results. As mentioned above some VMs start up without having configured to do so.
- At the host configuration tab, virtual machine startup/shutdown, I 'v only marked vCenter to automatically start up
- Cluster features
- Turn on VMware HA
- VMware HA
- Enable Host minitoring
- Virtual machine options
- VM restart priotity: low/high
- Host isolation response: shutdown
- VM monitoring
- Enable VM monitoring Virtual machine settings
- VM monitoring: low/medium
The stupid thing is that other VMs with the same settings do NOT start up. All VM's were shutdown properly.