Take the 2-minute tour ×
Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. It's 100% free, no registration required.

So I have a domain, lets say example.com, with godaddy.com. My website is hosted for free at zymic.com.

I configured the Nameserver at godaddy with the Nameserver addresses from zymic and it works fine.

Now I want to use a subdomain like blog.example.com, and I wanna have it go to my blogger blog... I know how to do in the the blogger side, but do I have to do anything on godaddy?

share|improve this question

migrated from stackoverflow.com Mar 5 '10 at 2:44

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

4 Answers 4

Add a CNAME on godaddy to point to your zymic hosting, or use some of godaddy's forwarding tools (http://help.godaddy.com/article/415).

share|improve this answer
If I do forwarding, when the user finally lands on my blogger blog the address bar will show myblog.blogger.com instead of blog.example.com that they originally typed correct? Thats not what I want... Is that the case if I go the "CNAME" way? –  hdx Mar 4 '10 at 13:02
Exactly. Documentation: help.godaddy.com/article/679 - and - google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=58317 –  Xipe Mar 4 '10 at 13:18

Yes you have to configure a sub-domain at your domain provider in the configuration section (add CNAME).

share|improve this answer

You have to add the sub-domain in domain provider and if you have your own server for hosting website you have to configure your virtualhost in apache or whatever server your using.

share|improve this answer

Here are Google's instructions for how to migrate to your own domain in Blogger: http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55373

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.