To All Experts here,
I'd like to perform a MOSS server content migration from the existing single instance server (SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, SharePoint 2007 SP1) all in one and by maintaining the server name only, here's what I had in my migration plan document outline:
I have created the new Windows Server 2008 R2 + SQL Server 2008 SP1 and MOSS 2007 SP2 after that:
- Backup MOSS_ContentDB from SQL Server 2008 SSMS (does this enough to cover all top level sites and its content in the library and doc. repository ?)
- Backup all top level sites from CA site using the CA Sites backup and restore tools.
- turn off the old MOSSDEV01 (current server)
- rename the existing server (TempServ01) into MOSSDEV01 (so that the user bookmark and other link inside MOSS site still working)
- perform restore of the DB
restore the site collection and its content from the backup
is that the correct way to do it ?
I haven't execute the server configuration wizard to create the same port number of the SSP, CA and the SQL Server DB yet.
Any idea and suggestion would be greatly appreciated