I am trying to install a SSL certificate on IIS 7. I have download a free trial certificate.
After that, this is the steps what I do:
- Click the Start menu and select Administrative Tools.
- Start Internet Services Manager and click the Server Name.
- In the center section, double click on the Server Certificates button in the Security section.
- From the Actions menu click Complete Certificate Request.
- Enter the location for the certificate file.
- Enter a Friendly name.
- Click OK.
- Under Sites select the site to be secured with the SSL certificate.
- From the Actions menu, click Bindings.This will open the Site Bindings window.
- In the Site Bindings window, click Add. This opens the Add Site Binding window.
- Select https from the Type menu. Set the port to 443.
- Select the SSL Certificate you just installed from the SSL Certificate menu. Click OK.
This is the step where I get the message:
One or more intermediate certificates in the certificate chain are missing. To resolve this issue, make sure that all of intermediate certificates are installed. For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954755
After this, when I access the web site on its first page, I get this message:
There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
What am I doing wrong?