I'm a newbie of server administration and I'm looking for a powerful hosting service to host my new website. This website is basically a back-end of an mobile online game, and it will:
- handle up to 10 million of HTTPS request and mySQL queries a day
- store up to 2000 GB file on the hard disk
- transfer probably 5000 GB data in and out per month
- it runs on PHP and mySQL
- have 10 million records in mySQL database, for each record there are 5-10 fields, around 100 bytes each
I really don't know what kind of a server I need to handle these requirements, my question is:
- What CPU/RAM do I need for a dedicated server or VPS?
- What hosting companies are able to offer this kind of dedicated server or VPS?
- What about cloud computing? I've researched Amazon EC2 but it seems complicated to me. And I've contacted Rackspace but strangely they said Cloudsites is not suitable for my requirements. I wonder if there is other cloud hosting company.
- Any other alternative method?