Does anyone here have a suggestion for a cross-platform IM solution which will work with VoIP/video on both Windows (XP and 7) and Mac OS X from 10.4 and upwards?
Right now, we're in a kind of mixed environment, with some Mac users using iChat server since they need video support (conference across several offices over VPN), but it won't work on windows clients. The rest of us are happily using Openfire+Spark, but there's no VoIP or video available from what I've found, unless you want to add in several 3rd party software (like red5 and asterisk).
- As said before; must work on both Windows and Mac
- Internal server (no Skype etc)
- Video chat (person-to-person and person-to-many)
- File transfer between platforms
- SSO (Single Sign-On) via Active Directory authentication
- Some sort of screen sharing would be a plus, like switching over to a screen capture (PowerPoint, software training etc)
We can afford to buy software if that's needed to get this working without any hiccups across platforms.
Thanks in advance to anyone who gives suggestions.