- A Windows and a Ubuntu Server are hosted in VMware ESXi
- I have a a 6GB file on a Windows share
- The Windows share is mount on Ubuntu with
- A symlink pointing to the 6GB file is created in a
public_htmldirectory, which is readable by Apache
wgetgets an error
Connection closed at byte 2130706432. Retrying.after downloading 2130706432 bytes (exactly 2032 MiB, and is the same every time)
- Apache returns
206 Partial Contentwithout showing any errors in the log
- Same error even if I download from
- Similar error when Firefox is used instead of
- No error if I
cpthe file on Ubuntu, suggesting that
smbmountand the Windows Server are OK with 6GB files.
- No error if Apache serve a 6GB file from the local disk, suggesting that Apache has no problems handling 6GB files.
Any ideas why Apache/symlink/smbmount/Windows would cause an error when used together? How can I fix the problem?
- VMware ESXi 4 Update 1
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Ubuntu 8.04 Server, vmxnet3
- Apache 2.2.8
- mount.cifs 1.10-3.0.28a (as returned by
Edit: If I use CentOS 4.8 x64 instead of Ubuntu 8.04, Apache will disconnect at byte 2147483647 (2GiB - 1byte) instead of 2130706432 (2GiB - 16MiB).