My team has a need to publish documentation internally. At the moment, it's spread all over the place and this means we often have to search everywhere to find something.
We'd like to publish everything in one place. The main thing that stops us is access control - the wikis in place don't belong to us and we can't do it.
What is the best tool for publishing docs, ideally fitting these requirements:
- web front end - readers access docs using browser
- single place to put docs
- access control by individual doc or by sets of docs (folders, branch of 'site', ...)
- if you don't have access to a doc, you don't see the link to that page/doc/folder.
- either built-in editor or something my users are familiar with (e.g. Word)
- built-in version control would be nice
Also, can you think of other criteria I should've specified?