This is only about networks you have seen personaly, not heared from others or seen on pictures at the web.
- Cables hanging from the ceiling lamps?
- Cables going trough culverts and other tubes?
- Switches and other equipment in the cleaner's closet?
- Cleaning lady's rags drying hanging from the cables?
- Key to the main node door possesed only by the janitor (or other non-tech and completely non-network-related guy)?
- Switches powered by foreign power adapters (cheaper and providing non-specified voltage or amperage)?
All of this was in my old dormitory. Tell us about your bad experience.