I need to set up a UNC share for my hosted dedicated server to access a share on itself. Unfortunately TFS requires a UNC share.
I am on a
Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 64bit dedicated server behind a PIX 501 firewall hosted with GoDaddy.
I just cannot get the server to access itself and get this error:
Windows cannot access
\\SERVER\SHARECheck the spelling of the name.. etc.
I've found numerous questions about this but no answer to my problem.
- Server 2008 Standard x64 SP2
- Workgroup - not domain
- Windows Firewall is off
- Computer browser service is on
- I am trying to access
\\MYMACHINE\TFS-BUILDSby typing in - or double clicking. Neither works.
- Machine has single network card
- Filesharing wizard says share was ok
- Share was showing under 'Computer management'
- Permissions are set to 'everyone' full control
- No obvious errors in eventlog
- Reboot didn't fix it
- Unfortunately I cannot try to access other shares in or out of this machine because it is a hosted dedicated server and the only machine behind a hardware firewall.
The only thing left i can think of is that the hardware firewall needs to be configured. I don't think it is this because we have a 2003 Server machine behind a different hardware firewall and that one works fine.
What on earth is left?!