I'll try to answer all your questions in here: (sorry I had a temp account here, which after I deleted my cookies, I can't access any longer :S)
- I'm trying to send email to normal domains like yahoo, gmail, etc. Nothing fancy going on here
- I don't think I can use postfix, since Bugzilla only has the following options: SMTP, Sendmail, None.
- I do have sendmail installed and the daemon is running (ps aux | grep sendmail)
- I tried putting in a gmail account with the following:
* SMTP server: smtp.google.com
* smpt_user and stmp_pass were set as well (checked them)
Now, it says that it has sent emails (no longer complains that it can't send emails) but nothing arrives in the inbox! I would REALLY like to use this option, since it seems like the easiest way.
- I'm running Ubuntu 8.10
- tested echo test | mail -s "Test 1" email@example.com and here's what I get:
The program 'mail' can be found in the following packages:
Try: apt-get install
-bash: mail: command not found
I did "apt-get install mailutils" and now when I run the command, it doesn't complain or say anything, but no mail arrives in my inbox.
- I've already looked for sendmail tutorials a lot, but most of them are REALLY complicating stuff, so I couldn't quite follow them.
Thanks again for all of your help guys.