In our Active Directory we deploy a policy to our clients where the personal directory (My documents) is redirected to a file server of ours
In older systems everything worked fine. In Windows 7 some users are experimenting the following symptoms:
- The Documents library is EMPTY
- Where the documents library should be shown in Explorer an empty white icon is displayed. No caption.
- Right clicking in the Documents library to edit the folders that are part of the libraries brings the dialog up. However, that dialog is unusable. No folder is present there and clicking Add folder does nothing.
- Deleting the library and auto-creating it doesn't solve the problem
- The shared directory can be accessed via UNC paths and it can be mounted as a shared drive as well. The library is still broken.
- The shared drives are on a W2008 indexed server...
- Using the Windows Library tool utility doesn't solve the problem.
What can the cause of this problem be and how can this be solved?