Need Help on the following questions.
- When a users login (on a computer in the network) is validated against AD what is/are the authentication method used?
- When a users login is validated in Windows NT environment (not AD) what is/are the authentication method used?
- If all user's account is on AD, is it possible to change the authentication mechanism only (or protocols) from AD to NT and vice versa (if possible)?
- If part/whole of question 3 is valid, where should one look to change these authentication methods ?
- What is the difference between AD and Windows-NT authentication ?
Windows server 2008 Domain controller used.