Is it possible to send an email alert when a field of a list is empty ?
I've tried the following :
- Create a custom list, add a field named "TestField"
- Create a personal view named "TestView", filter : Show when column "TestField" is equal to "" (leave the box empty)
- Create an alert, immediate email when items appearing in "TestView" are modified
- Create an item with both fields filled
- Create an item with only title filled
Now you should receive two alert emails, but in the view "TestView" there is only one item. Is it a bug ?
Clarification : even though the item with "TestField" filled doesn't appear in the view (filtered on "TestField" empty), an alert email is sent. The alert is related to "TestView", so it shouldn't be sent, as "TestField" is not empty.