- blank win2008 r2 install
- the goal was to have a couple of sites running with isolated pool and dedicated users
- A new folder for a new website - c:\web\siteA\wwwroot, with the app (asp.net) deployed there in the /bin folder
- created a user named "appuser" and added it to the IIS_USERS group
- gave the website folder read and execute permissions for IIS_USERS and the appuser
- created the IIS site. set the app=pool identity to the appuser
- now I'm getting YSOD telling me that the trust-level is too low -
SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers
<trust level="Full" />on the web-config, did not help
- changing the app-pool user to
Administratormakes the site run
- Setting "anonymous user identity" to either IUSR or the app pool identity makes no difference
why would the selected user has influence on the app's trust level? or is it just a bogous error message?
is there a "step by step" howto guide for setting up users for isolated app pools on IIS7.5?
EDIT: setting the app pool user to
NetworkService also makes the site run (see 9.)