One of my coworkers just got a new laptop running Windows 7 Pro x64. We use a GPO to deploy the printers to every system, but for some reason it is not working on this system.
I have been breaking my head over this for the past 3 hours now without any result.
The strange thing is that
gpresult /H seems to indicate that the GPO did run.
- Laptop: Windows 7 Professional x64
- Print server: Windows Server 2008 x64 R1
- HP Color LaserJet 2605dn
- HP LaserJet P2015
- Driver packages on server: HP universal printer driver PCL5, both X86 as X64
Oddities and other info:
- GPO working flawlessly on every other system, including my own Windows 7 Ultimate X64 laptop
gpresult /Hshows the GPO being ran
- Windows Firewall completely disabled on the new laptop
Below is the output for
gpresult /H (in Dutch sadly, but I think you'll recognize it):
Beleidsregels Windows-instellingen Printerverbindingen Pad Dominerend groepsbeleidsobject \\Server2008\HP Color LaserJet 2605dn Printers \\Server2008\HP LaserJet P2015 Printers Beheersjablonen Beleidsdefinities (ADMX-bestanden) opgehaald van de lokale computer. Configuratiescherm/Printers Beleid Instelling Dominerend groepsbeleidsobject Beperkingen van point-and-print Uitgeschakeld Printers
Like I said, I have been trying to figure this out for the past few hours or so without any result, so you are my last hope.
Any help is appreciated.