I recently rebuilt my machine to Windows 7 x64, installed Sql Server 2008 enterprise. I can connect fine to other remote instances via Management Studio (be they 2000, 2005 or 2008), but i cannot find my local default instance.
- I have verified that a directory was created for the default instance C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER
- I can connect to SQLEXPRESS instance fine
- I have rerun setup to ensure I have everything installed
- I have verified that the SQLSERVER(MSSQLSERVER) service is running
- I have verified that SQL Server Browser is running
- I have tried brownsing for the instance and see all the others available except my local one
- I have tried using this for servername: TSOUTHERLANDPC\MSSQLSERVER, the first part being my local machine name