I recently ran the Sharepoint Products and Technologies Wizard. I had hoped this would bring up Sharepoint and allow me to access it so I could begin to learn.
But it's not working.
Here is some data that I hope is relevant.
- I am doing all my testing on the SBS 2008 server itself.
- I changed the hostheader in IIS to reflect an external FQDN I plan to deploy.
- The SBS server is remote and there are no domain-connected workstations.
- If I browse "localhost" SSL, I can get to the site, albeit with a self-signed cert warning.
- If I attempt to connect via SSL using either the internal FQDN (.local), the External FQDN (.net) or any other permutation thereof, I am prompted for credentials three times but am not allowed access. My account is a domain admin.
- The site is inaccessible using port 80 whether using localhost, internal FQDN (.local), and external FQDN (.net)
Right now, I suspect my problem is within IIS, but I don't know.
My plan to publish the sharepoint site to the web so my partner and I can check documents in/out.
Can someone help me get started in a direction? At the moment, my head is ... not well.