This is for windows based development (as suggested by the apps listed in the opening post).
- OS: Windows 7 RC1. x64bit a must.
- CPU: Any dual or quad core
- HD: Raid 0 if u can afford it - but make sure u don't have any important info on the - machine. Keep it on a network drive or backup device.
- Monitors: 2x 22" min. 24" are sweet. 30" are generally faaar to big.
- RAM: as much as possible. 4GIG minimum.
If u can, try getting a RAM DISK and putting stuff on that, like IO intesive stuff (code for builds, etc).
Don't buy a branded computer. Make it yourself. Save some $$$ and u get premium parts. Notebooks are the exception here, if u're going down that path.
If u're really lucky, grab SSD hard disks instead.
Lastly, don't install crap u don't need. less bloat on a windows os, the better.