My company has about 60 employees all running Windows Vista or 7 and a gigantic Minolta printer hooked up to an EFI Fiery Image Processor. We're burning about $300 a month in printer supplies alone. I'm trying to find a way to cause the printer to default to grayscale in order to save money. So far I've tried:
- Changing settings on the image processor
- Changing settings on the print server
- Looking through the Group Policy editor to see if I can find anything useful
- Creating a new printer on the print server and setting it to be grayscale only
- Adding the printer to my computer directly (through a TCP/IP port) and setting it to be greyscale only
Has anybody successfully done this before? If so, how was it gone about? I don't expect anybody to know the specifics of my environment, I just not sure what the right direction is.