My company has multiple offices connected over a WAN. We would like to deploy a centrally-managed WiFi configuration to all offices, with the following characteristics:
- Two SSIDs (simultaneously available on each AP): One public and routed only to the Internet, and one private and connected to our LAN.
- Central management of AP configurations across the WAN. This could be a canned tool, or scripted bulk upload of text-based config files.
- RADIUS authentication for the private network.
- Direct routing from each AP to a local address or to the appropriate router for the next hop.
- APs that can use Power over Ethernet (though not all locations have PoE switches).
- Reasonable price, possibly in exchange for some DIY effort on the config side.
One of our offices currently uses a commercial product which satisfies most of these criteria, but it needs a central controller in each office. Traffic is tunneled from the APs back to the controller, and from there to the destination. If we were to deploy APs across the WAN, all traffic would be tunneled from site B back to the controller in site A, then back to a "local" destination in site B. Putting controllers in each office, though, gets expensive very quickly.
So, I'm looking for leads on individual APs or complete solutions that will satisfy these criteria at a reasonable price.
Thank you in advance.