I'll try to be as specific as I can be:
- Server is running SBS 2008 R2 (with all updates)
- Server is connected to the internet
- Server has 2 NIC's, one is disabled
- Server is running RDP Service (accessible directly from the internet, I know, not as secure as it should be)
- Computers A and B are on the same local net.
- Computers A and B are both Windows 7.
- Users X and Y are both admins on the server
- Computer A can connect as user X to the server with mstsc
- Computer A can connect as user Y to the server with mstsc
- Computer B can connect as user X to the server with mstsc
- Computer B CANNOT connect as user Y to the server with mstsc! Error that username/password is incorrect.
The last point is the problem, I get an authentication error. This used to work flawlessly for the last year. The server and desktops have been rebooted.
- prefixing domain to the username
- prefixing the server computer name to the username
- change the password
- copy/paste the password from notepad to make sure it was correct
I find it very strange....
- The computers are not on the same subnet as the server. The server is at my hosting provider.
- All computers as all users can reach the web app that is running on the server.