Given: A HP ProLiant server to be used for Hyper-V server (R 2)
Problem: The server has a HP NC364T quad port card, which actually is an Intel 1000 Pro adapter. We are stuck getting this adapter properly working.
We need to get it working with:
- 2 trunks of 2 ports each
- one of them fully vlan "aware" (without filtering anything - so that Hyper-V can do the VLAN filtering).
So far we did:
- Install the server
- Install latest PSP. Problem here - tool does not work to set up teaming.
We tried to install the latest ProWin pack from Intel - the drivers there are a LOT more current (26th of Marrch 2010, 126.96.36.199). The intalled driver (Microsoft) is ancient (march 2009, 188.8.131.52)
A driver update fails both on command line (pnputil) as well as the PortLock device manager executable. No informatoin is provided. the ANS toolset can not create teams (fails with error - again, no reason provided), I know of no logs and the event log has no information either.
- What are the best drivers to use?
- How do we actually install them?
- How can we then set up teaming and how do we set up the VLAN behavior wanted?