Where could I get best step by step instructions (with some simple explanations) how to setup domain controller on Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core?
I don't know what do I need? Do I need DNS as well and AD and so on and so forth. I don't know enough about these things, but I need to set them up to prepare development environment. I would also like to know how to configure firewall on DC machine, to make it visible on other machines because I've setup DC somehow but I can't connect to it...
This is my HW config:
- Linksys internet router with DHCP
- my dev machine is Windows 7
- my DC machine is a VM in my dev machine
- my dev machine has a hw network adapter to linksys and a virtual network adapter to DC
- DC machine has two network adapters: one to linksys (to be internet connected so it can be updated etc.) and one to host (my dev Win7 machine)
My development machine should access domain controller and logon using domain credentials. Development machine would access internet directly via Linksys router. My domain controller machine would only serve authentication (and if I'm able to configure it right) should also have Active Directory Federation Services in a workable condition. I hope this is a bit more clear now. At least a small bit.