Can someone tell me the difference between the different ways virtual serial ports can be configured using VMWare Infrastructure?
- What is the difference between "use output file" and "use named pipe"?
- Can "Use Output File" be used to connect 2 machines?
- When using a "named pipe", can that just be an arbitrary fifo on the shared SAN? Does it need to be created in advance, or will vmware create it as needed?
- When using a "named pipe", I assume one server needs to be configured as "server" and the other as "client", and that it doesn't matter which one is which - is that correct?
- What does "Yield on CPU poll" mean - and which mode is better for a constant serial port connection?