I am creating a Reverse Proxy box with apache and i have some questions about that:
- How can i load some files, say robots.txt, off the reverse proxy box instead of the actual host?
- Would it be wise to allow loading of .htaccess at the proxy box? What about the rewrite rules they proxy boxes have?
- Where should i put my rewrite rules? in vhost or in .htaccess? If i allow .htaccess loading from proxy boxes, won't it be problem to have 2 .htaccess? I think only one of that will be loaded.
- What about reverse proxying sites that are on http as well as https? Do i need some special setup?
- Are there any issues that i should watch out for while creating a reverse proxy? I already know about using mod_proxy_html to correct the links in html files.