Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would like to know if there is a utility that uses the bits service, to help me transfer some large files over a wacky wan connection. These files happen to be available via a UNC share.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all.

share|improve this question

What about WinBITS?

share|improve this answer
Not sure if it does what I require- I need to transfer from a UNC. – redknight Jun 26 '10 at 14:16
It should handle UNC paths. Try it out. – pehrs Jun 26 '10 at 22:43
this utility is not working well.......... – redknight Jul 21 '10 at 12:12

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.