I am migrating a web application from IIS6 to IIS7.5 and I'm having a few strange issues with this.
My web application will serve up .html or .asp pages, but when I try to request a .aspx page it locks up IIS for about a minute or so, and I can't even view the asp page that I was able to view before IIS was locked up.
I've been trying to fix this for about a month and have tried many things but I really can't figure it out.
Things I've tried already:
- Switching the application pool to the Classic .NET AppPool
- enabled port 80 and 443 on windows firewall
- Running aspnet_regiis -i
- Enabled 32 bit web applications
- Set Load User Profile = False on my application pool
- icacls %WINDIR%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\temp /grant IUSR:(CI)(RX,WD,AD)
- icacls %WINDIR%\serviceprofiles\networkservice\AppData\Local\Temp /grant "CREATOR OWNER":(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
Other notes of interest: When I try edit the markup of an ASPX page in visual studio 2008 in this web application, it hangs visual studio and I have to force end the visual studio process. So I can't edit any aspx pages with the visual studio 2008 editor in the same application. However if I start a new ASP.NET website I don't have any problems editing the ASPX pages. Also, it was originally compiled on Server 2003 32 bit, and I had to enable 32 bit applications in my application pool, otherwise I would get a "not a valid 64 bit application error"
Edit: Also when I request an ASPX page from my broken application, it totally hangs IIS and it won't even serve .asp or .html pages until it either recycles itself or I manually recycle the application pool
- Windows 7 64 bit
- IIS 7.5
I am really stuck here, any suggestions would be great. Thanks!