I'm trying to set up my first Amazon EC2 instance and having trouble selecting the right AMI given the huge amount of choice available.
- Intended to run one (smallish) web site with a Java based application server
- Run the latest Java 1.6 server version
- Serve some static files efficiently e.g. with Apache
- As simple to administer as possible - I'm a primarily a developer, not a sysadmin!
- 32 bit instance to start with, but have the option to move to 64 bit as needed
What Linux version / AMI would you recommend to meet these requirements?