I am so upset of this as i am not getting a proper answer anywhere. Let me make it clear the same scenario again.
- I have a DC named DC-1 & another DC named DC-2. both DC-1 and DC-2 are the name servers.
- DC-1 is holding all the 5 roles.
- DC-1 goes down due to hardware failure(assume) and is no longer available. I cant even boot it up.
- Now my question is how can i bring up the ADC(DC-2) as an active DC as all my roles are belongs to DC-1.
- If its related to seize and transfer the roles from DC-1 to DC-2, yes i tried it. Let me share the results.
i) i went to DSRM on DC-2 and tried ntdsutil command like this: ntdsutil>roles>connections>connect to server:
ii)when i tried connect to server i'm not able to connect any of the DC-1 or DC-2. I tried with "Set creds" also but i didnt work.
iii) tried to connect the domain no luck :(
iv) As it was a test environment i brought back the DC-1 up and tried the steps again from DC-2 it was success. I am able to connect to the server. But we dont want this. We want this when the DC-1 is totally in dead state.
OK. I hope you all are understood my crisis.. Can anybody help here. Am i doing something wrong steps or any other method to bring up the DC-2 with all the roles with out having DC-1 up. Please share your valuable knowledge and expertise!