I need to test with various versions of applications running on windows. I'm tempted to use something like EC2, with the idea being:
- Fire up a base EC2 windows instance. Install the app (eg. QuickBooks)
- Save the resulting image as an AMI
- Test away
- Turn off the instance
At a later date:
- Restore the AMI onto a new instance
- Test again with the clean instance
- Is this feasible/advisable?
- We have licenses for the software we want to test with, but are there technical licensing issues with having the software (eg. QuickBooks) run once the image is restore?
- Any particular tools / scripts we should be aware of for helping with this? We're experienced on the linux side with EC2, but not on windows.