I did the following:
- installed VirtualBox 3.1.6 OSE in ubuntu 10 desktop.
- installed ubuntu 10 server on a virtual machine in VirtualBox.
- select "LAMP server" and "OpenSSH server" options during the ubuntu server installation.
- leave network "adapter 1" of virtual machine as "NAT".
- use "VBoxManage" described in manual to setup port forwarding on the host (Protocol: TCP, GuestPort: 80, HostPort: 8080).
- verify "ExtraDataItem" have been added to "ubuntuServer1.xml" (my virtual machine name) correctly.
- run command "pgrep apache" in ubuntu server in virtual machine to ensure apache is running.
Everything went well. But, when I try to access the apache from the browser on the host with "http://localhost:8080/", it just continue fetching with no response.
Now, I'm struck! Please help!
Many many thanks in advance!