- I am in India
- On ocassion I navigate to the portal of companies I'm affiliated to; these in the US, & Canada
- As of today afternoon, I'm unable to navigate to the portal of some companies ... albeit the website is deployed and can be navigated to from people at third-party locations (outside US, and outside India).
- Just for reference I executed a ping -t on one company site, and at the same time attempted to open the site in Chrome ** Chrome came up with a 500 error ** Ping returned a 'Request timed out' ** A colleague at third location reported he was able to both ping, and navigate to the site ** My subsequent tracert was got as far as border8.po2-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [22.214.171.124], and then returned a 'Request timed out'
- I tried the same experiment on cbc.ca ** Result ** Chrome navigated to cbc.ca successfully ** Ping returned a 'Request timed out' ** Tracert got as far as rx0sh-cbc-radio-canada.mt.bigpipeinc.com [126.96.36.199], and then returned a 'Request timed out'.
- What could be the possible reasons that a browser can navigate to a site, when PING and TRACERT fail?
- When my colleague is able to navigate to a site over the internet, why should the site return a 500 to me?
- What can I do to work around this problem? My call to helpdesk went unanswered.
- Have you ever encountered a similar problem?