I am creating a web service that allows people to log in and view some stats on social networks. My setup is as follows:
- on my home PC I have a large code base of C# code that scans social networks, and analyzes them, as well as puts the info into databases. All the "meat" is here.
- I have a web server that does not support C# / asp.net. Currently it is in PHP on Hostgator.
I need a way for the web service to work efficiently ie. allow people to log in and view stats. I can't use my home PC for this, so I wanted to know which is the easiest option:
- port all code to PHP, and move all databases up to Hostgator to do a proper merge of the site
- spend the time learning asp.net, rent a windows server and try my best to make everything work
- any other options that the community can help me with
I am proficient at C# and PHP, but not asp.net. What is my best option, in terms of time and money, going forward with this service?