I am trying to setup a new user on a Standalone (non-domain) Windows Server 2003 SP2.
The user needs FTP access to 1 folder in our web site's directory structure.
Here's exactly what I have done so far:
- Created the new user in Computer Management.
- Removed this new user from any groups.
- In the security tab in the folder properties dialog (NTFS permissions) for the entire volume that holds our site, I explicitly denied full control access for this new user.
- In the NTFS permissions for the folder that I wanted to GRANT access, I checked Allow Modify.
- I logged in with the new users credentials from a remote FTP client.
- I was able to read/write/modify/delete files and folders in the entire FTP structure, regardless of the deny permissions from #3 above.
Why is this happening?