I'm looking for some advice on how to troubleshoot performance problems.
Here's the situation:
- Windows Server 2008 host, Ubuntu 9.04 Server guest on VMWare Player 3.
- Host hardware is a Celeron 2GHz with 2GB RAM; Guest has 256MB RAM.
- The server is used as a LAMP testing server. Installed is:
- Apache with PHP
- No GUI/DE
- As it is a testing server just for myself, it generally just has to handle single HTTP requests at a time.
- I'm relatively new to Linux
The server often takes 5secs+ to respond to requests. Where can I start looking for the problem?
Edit: The host is not doing anything else at the moment, and CPU usage is low.
Edit2: I've upped the RAM to 512MB, and also tried running it on a different host - same result.