So, as we've seen all over server fault, and over the years I've built several of each system,
- System / Network Monitoring (I use nagios)
- System / Network Trending (I use Cacti)
- Centralized Log Monitoring (syslog-NG)
- Host-Based Intrusion Detection System (OSSEC)
- Ticketing Systems (Request Tracker)
- Internal Wiki Software (MediaWiki)
- IP Tracking (in house NMAP-based software)
However at the end of the day, I sometimes feel like I've somewhat "cobbled together" what seems like it could be one or two softwares, at most.
I'm kinda looking for an "All-in-one solution thats easier to manage then having to deal with 7 different softwares. Something that just works.
Anyone know of any? I've seen tons of monitoring apps and all that, but they always are missing the wiki and ticketing portions. That never made much sense to me, in my opinion if a alert goes off that should be a ticket for an engineer to address. Same goes for the IDS going off, and maybe trending warnings for future notice.