My Windows Server 2003 Std server refuses to server ASP.NET content. It serves regular html just fine but anything .net, even a one line html file with an ASPX extention fails silently.
Things I've tried:
- Nothing in the event log or IIS WWW logs when it fails.
- Fiddler shows no response
- I reinstalled .NET with
- C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe -U
- C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe -I
- I give obscenely high permissions on everything I can think of (full control, read, write, etc.) to all possibly relevant users (IUSER*, ASP.NET, etc.).
- I confirmed that ASP.Net v1 and v2 Web Service Extensions are "allowed" in IIS
- Confirmed that the Server Manager had IIS and ASP.Net roles enabled
Again: this is the scenario:
- http://localhost/Test/Default.htm <-- Works great!
- http://localhost/Test/Default.aspx <-- Bombs silently with no message at all
Any guidance will be much appreciated!
Solution: I reinstalled per the instructions below and it works now. Thanks all!