- there are several virtual machine instances (one of KVM/XEN/OpenVZ/VirtualBox)
- each virtual machine instance can hold several virtual hosts (e.g. static.machine0, streaming.vmachine0, static.vmachine1, streaming.vmachine1, static.vmachine2, ...)
- IP's are assigned via DHCP for easy to use
- there is a network of several physical servers with VT-X hardware support, which serve as hosts to virtual machine instances. IP's are assigned via DHCP for easy to use
Solution needs to:
- use Internet withing VM instances
- both physical servers and VM instances within local network can access VM instance via it's hostname
- SSH access within VM instances
- ability to clone VM instances and reconfigure host settings.
Possible keywords: DNS Resolving, Multiple Virtual Hosts, Virtualization, DHCP, UNIX/Linux, Linux, System Administration
Please give me a clue or possible ways of solving this problem and applicable technologies. Thank you.