I am facing some issue in getting MAMP work with existing mysql database on my mac? Sometimes the problem is permission, sometimes it is not able to find the problem or something else.
I will be more specific once I get answers to the following questions
- Can MAMP work with an existing database on Mac. I think it should be?
- Do I have to change the default engine to myisam as of now my default engine in InnoDB?
I have tried these options
- Running start.sh directly, with current user/root
- Changing startMysql run the mysql with sudo command
- Stopping mysql server from System preferences because sometimes I get this error ( in infinite loop)
InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files. InnoDB: Unable to lock /usr/local/mysql/data/ibdata1, error: 35 InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
Can you tell, what may be going wrong here based on this info? If required I will be more specific in stating my problem