Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm new to Exchange and I'm having trouble configuring the certificates.

At the moment I have a ssl certificate for one domain ( Do I need a seperate certificate for local domains (domain.local) for local client access?

I'm also getting errors for but I guess that's because we need a wildcard certificate or something.

Help, I'm really confused!!!

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

You need a UC cert. They are designed for exchange. e.g. Digicert sells these.

share|improve this answer
Perfect, thank you. – Steve McCall Aug 17 '10 at 13:18

See my answer here regarding UC certificates.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.