I have to configure a Reverse Proxy Caching Squid box to do:
Define Content groups, e.g.
- images containing gif, png, ico, jpg, jpeg, etc
- Audio containing mp3, wav, ogg etc
- Binary files
Acting Reverse Proxy for Multiple Web Servers hosted at different geographical locations, accessible via static IPs.
- Restrict/Allow specific content groups from certain web servers.
- Restrict the amount of monthly Bandwidth to say 1G and if a site goes over it, all requests will go to original server.
I am using distributed configurations e.g.
- /etc/squid/squid.conf : Contains global configuration
- /etc/squid/squid.conf.d/ : Contains files specific to a webserver being cached like it will contain www-yahoo-com-rcache.conf containing configuration option regarding reverse cache proxy of www.yahoo.com
Now for (1) i believe i can use ACL, but i don't know how will i define the content groups globally and then refer to them locally in each webserver's own configuration file(which means no idea about (2) part 1).
About (2) part 2, i still haven't found a tool/script to apply bandwidth volume quota on reverse proxy cache. Everything related to bandwidth quota is either for
- QoS/Rate Limiting
- Bandwidth Volume Quota
on per user basis for forward proxy cache configurations.