Take the 2-minute tour ×
Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. It's 100% free, no registration required.

is there any faster way to add reverse and forward PTR entry in DNS server ? thanks...

share|improve this question

3 Answers 3

If it's for public IPs, typically your provider is the only delegate for reverse DNS. You may be stuck requesting it from them every time you need to make a change.

If it's for internal IPs, they are just regular resource records, so you should use the same system you use now for forward addresses.

share|improve this answer

Faster way than what?

You could use something like mkrdns to automatically generate reverse DNS zones from your forward zones. I've used mkrdns for a long time, it's a nice tool.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.